If you find it hard to quiet your mind, a labyrinth is a great way to meditate while you walk.
A labyrinth is similar to a maze but is much easier to navigate because you enter and follow a path to the center and then can go out the same way. Labyrinths have ancient origins dating back approximately 5,000 years and have been found all over the world. Labyrinths have been used for group rituals as well as individual reflection. Meditation becomes easy as you walk around the winding path. This sacred space has healing powers and can help you connect with your Higher Self.
How to Walk a Labyrinth
There’s no right or wrong way to walk a labyrinth, but here are some suggestions:
- Before entering the labyrinth, set an intention. Is there a question you want answered? Do you need want to slow down from your hectic life? Do you just want to spend some time living in the present?
- While walking the labyrinth, focus on your breath and your steps. Become aware of your body. Everything else can melt away. This is the time to release what doesn’t serve you.
- Go to the center to sit or stand for a quiet meditation. This is where you receive what you came for.
- As you follow the path back out, what did you receive? Focus on bringing what you received back into the world. What changed from the time you entered to the time you exited the labyrinth?
There are many benefits of Labyrinth Walking
Labyrinths are designed to arouse the right brain which helps with intuition and creativity. They can help you with the following:
- To quiet the mind
- to meditate effortlessly
- to relax
- to have time for reflection
- to enable self-discovery
- to reduce stress
- to gain insight and enhance intuition
- to let go of fear
- to lessen anxiety
- to solve a problem
- to heal
- to cope with grief or sadness
- to connect to your Higher Self
The practice of labyrinth walking integrates the body with the mind and the mind with the spirit.
Where to Find Labyrinths
- Medical centers
- Spas and retreat centers
- Churches and cathedrals
- Private backyards
Maria Sherow is an experienced past life regressionist specializing in QHHT® serving the Big Island of Hawaii. QHHT® (Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique℠) is the process of communicating directly with your Higher Self using a breakthrough past life regression method developed by Dolores Cannon to facilitate emotional and physical healing.
She is passionate about the QHHT® work because she sees the importance in healing others as well as a tool to gather lost historical knowledge. She looks forward to helping you find the many answers that may be hidden in your past lives. For more information or to schedule a session, please visit www.MariaSherow.com
If you found this content informative, please share it. Many Blessings!
© 2017 Maria Sherow – All Rights Reserved